SponsorUnited provides access to previously inaccessible sports & entertainment sponsorships and media to help properties, brands, and agencies most effectively and efficiently partner.
The SponsorUnited platform has been rapidly adopted by the largest and smallest entities in the world, including 96% of the major pro sports teams, global brands, agencies, media companies, colleges, and vendors.
SponsorUnited’s experiential training program, SponsorUniversity, is unlike any other internship program. Participants will get an all-access pass to the sports and entertainment industry and its dynamic relationship with sponsorship, as well as experience with in-person team and event sponsorship scouting. This experience goes beyond the classroom and puts you in the action! The upcoming SponsorUniversity term will run from August 2022 - December 2022. This is an unpaid position with the opportunity for academic credit and is entirely remote.
Time Needed: 10-15 hours per week
*Candidates from all countries are encouraged to apply!*
- Complete an online sponsorship training course that will cover the sports and entertainment industry at large and how-to information on using the SponsorUnited platform
- Attend multiple professional & collegiate sporting events to collect data on venue advertising *Covid-pending*
- Analyze TV & radio broadcast’s sponsorship content during professional sports broadcasts
- Conduct in-depth research on digital sponsorships through official professional and non-pro team websites as well as their social media
Areas of Focus
- North American Pro Sports
- NCAA College Sports
- International Soccer
- Golf & Tennis
- Formula 1 & Nascar
- Your local sports teams
- Influencer Marketing
- & many more!
Benefits to Students
- Exposure to information that's only seen by professionals above the director level
- Qualify for college credit towards degree
- Work remotely under a flexible schedule
- Weekly supplemental information touching on in-depth aspects of marketing and sponsorship
- Earn a certificate of completion upon "graduation" from the program to show off your ability to navigate the SponsorUnited database
- Potential opportunities to explore other areas of sports business (i.e. Client Services, Sales, Marketing, Data Analytics, HR, etc.)
- Must have 15 hours per week to commit
- Must have access to primary local television and radio sports broadcasts
- Must have excellent time management and organization skills
- Must display strong engagement and initiative